How To Use PATANASE® Nasal Spray
Simple steps to seasonal allergy relief
Children 6 to 11 years of age: 1 spray per nostril twice daily
Adults and adolescents 12 years and older: 2 sprays per nostril twice daily
- Remove the blue plastic overcap (see figure).
- Hold the bottle and press down on the shoulders of the white nasal applicator with your forefinger and middle finger. Support the bottom (base) of the bottle with your thumb while you do this (see figure). Prime the bottle (5) times or until you see a fine mist come out of the Nasal Spray applicator. After you start using a bottle of PATANASE® Nasal Spray, if you do not use it for more than seven (7) days, you will need to prime the pump again two (2) times before use.
Using the Spray
- Gently blow your nose to clear the nostrils. Close one nostril. With your head tipped down (chin toward chest), place the nasal applicator 1/4 to 1/2 inch into a nostril. Hold the medicine bottle upright with the nasal applicator tip aimed toward the cheek side of the nose, away from the center of the nose (see figure).
- Breathe in gently through your nose. While breathing in press firmly and quickly on the applicator to release the spray (see figure).
- Breathe out through your mouth. Do not tip your head back or blow your nose right after using PATANASE® Nasal Spray. This may cause you to get a bitter taste in your mouth.
- Change between the nostrils (alternate). Spray two sprays in each nostril.
- Wipe the nasal applicator with a clean tissue and replace the blue plastic overcap. (see figure)
- This nasal device should be discarded after the labeled number of sprays (240) or after the expiration date on the medicine label or box.
- Do not take extra doses or stop taking PATANASE® Nasal Spray without talking with your doctor
- If the nasal applicator becomes clogged, do not attempt to clear it using a pointed object. (see figure)
- To clean the nasal applicator, remove the plastic cap and then gently pull upwards to free the nasal applicator. (see figure& figure)
- With the nasal applicator pointing downwards, wash by running warm tap water into the nasal applicator for about one minute. (see figure)
- Shake the applicator to remove any water and put the applicator back on the bottle.
- Store PATANASE® Nasal Spray between 39° to 77°F (4° to 25°C).
- Do not use your PATANASE® Nasal Spray after the expiration date on the label or box.
- Keep PATANASE® Nasal Spray and all medicines out of the reach of children.
- For more information about PATANASE® Nasal Spray ask your doctor or call 1-800-757-9195.
- PATANASE® Nasal Spray is indicated for the relief of the symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis in patients 6 years of age and older.
- This medicine is for use in the nose only. Do not spray in eyes or mouth.
- Follow your physician's instructions — do not take extra doses or stop taking PATANASE® Nasal Spray without first talking to your healthcare provider.
More detailed information regarding such topics as indications and usage, precautions, and clinical studies is available in the full prescribing information.